Tragedy struck the Bartz household this weekend when a beloved family member succumbed to a prolonged illness while making mashed potatoes.
The food processor - or Choppy, as it liked to be called - was born in a KitchenAid factory and was given to the Bartzes for their wedding. Choppy and the wife quickly formed a bond that few women have with their kitchen appliances, and they were soon inseparable. Choppy was very good at his job, especially making guacamole and mashed potatoes.
Choppy loved life and, most of all, loved food. He often took on his position as favorite appliance as a role of mentor, often counseling the blender and the toaster on how to improve their position in the kitchen. He spent many hours sitting with the Crock Pot, sharing their delight at being used so often by the Wife.
The food processor is survived by the stove, the knife block, and the mini-food processor; the Wife, the Crockpot (Also known as second-wife) and the mixer. He is preceded in death by the Wok and numerous plates.
Some appliances come into our lives and gather dust.
Others stay for awhile, leaving footprints on our hearts
And our cooking is never, ever the same.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. If it makes you feel any better, your story had me laughing out loud, and your consistent humor had me jealous once more.
That was some of the funniest crap I've ever read. For real. Why are you a nurse when you could totally be a writer. You could make a killing and support the rest of us un-funny stay-at-home moms. And whats up with making the rest of us look bad with your cooking and killing appliances. At this house, appliances live forever cause they don't get used. Sounds like the rough patch of a new mom is over, eh? You're all domesticated and stuff now...Congrats...For the sake of my pride, I hope it doesn't last long.
But seriously, your humor is fantastic!
SO SAD!!! I have a solution for you though...remarry! That way you can get a new and improved "Choppy" and a new and improved "Hubby."
In case you couldn't tell I'm kidding, I have nothing against your first husband.
Post a Comment