I have embraced my crafty nature. Lately I've had a desperate need to create stuff, whether it's knitting stuff, embroidering it, or even baking. Matt couldn't be happier; we have a fresh stock of cookies and/or brownies on hand and he's gotten a hot dinner every night for two weeks. So far I've started a cross-stitch blankie for Peanut and I got a GREAT book today on craft projects for your kids. I can't release the name of the book because I was inspired while reading it, and I can't let Amy and Annie figure out what I'm making for their impending spawn. So once their goodies are safely in hand I can tell you all about it. OH THE MYSTERY!
I updated my photo album because someone asked me why it was empty, so I figured pictures would be good. I threw a bunch of photos from our trip to Hawaii on there, and they turned out gorgeous. There's more than one I can't wait to get prints of and frame! I was worried my little camera wouldn't be baby-worthy, but my fears are now at rest; it takes awesome shots and I can't WAIT to start taking pics.
Countdown to leaving in one week for Washington! I am very excited, not only to see family but also because some very old high school friends got ahold of me to ask if I wanted to meet up with them. I'm very excited; I haven't seen these friends in at least eight years.
Definitely starting to nest, I think. Yesterday I made brownies and cleaned up after, only I couldn't stop at just cleaning up what I'd used; I did 90% of the dishes in the kitchen, washed the stove again and was really close to scrubbing the floor before I stopped myself and bolted for the living room. Through it all Moxie (my dog) watched with a helplessly lost expression -- she always looks like that when we clean. Probably because it's a foreign experience for the poor little thing. I've NEVER been a clean person, but things are apparently changing; I don't want my kids to be a slob like I am, so I'm hoping they channel the genes of their grandmothers and are spic-n-span.
Mwahaha, I just can't wait to surprise Annie and Amy with their baby gifts. I have been divinely inspired and forever after, I will be known as the Cool Cousin. I cannot WAIT. You better brace yourself!
p.s. I made meat sauce with my Grandma's recipe and my whole house smells like her kitchen now. Ahhhhh.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Um, It is totally not fair to torture the rest of us with the suspense! At least Amy and Annie are rewarded in the end! That is just plain mean!
Post a Comment