Monday, June 2, 2008

Same Old

Well, in case anyone hasn't noticed, I'd gotten really lazy about blogging, but I had a good reason: NOTHING WAS HAPPENING. I've been kicked out of work until I learn how to gain weight, so as a result I hold down the couch and watch 'Nanny 911' all day. I feel nauseated and sick enough of the day that I don't often go anywhere, and when I do Ventura reacts like they've spotted a rare beast out and about.

I went to the grocery store the other day to buy food, with a renewed commitment to getting fat. The butcher there, Andy, is my "friend". I took care of him once and every since he gives me a discount on everything I buy at the meat counter. Cornering me in the deli aisle, he rushed up to me to demand to know where I'd been! Considering I hadn't been at the meat counter in two or three months, he was clearly concerned. When I explained that no, I was just pregnant, he looked utterly relieved. "I was so worried," he said. "I was afraid you went vegetarian."

I'm definitely getting rounder, for all the weight I'm not gaining. I'm also the host to fight clubs and soccer games in my uterus on a regular basis. My little peanut has become a jumping bean! I like to talk to her and pet my belly; she likes to tease Matt, kicking and dancing right after he's given up on trying to feel her.

Still, I worry a lot and my doctor's appointment to see if I've gained any weight in the last month is on Friday. I have a feeling it's not going to go well, and I'm going to be forced to stay home and eat for the next four months. However, if that happens, I'm going straight to my grandma's. I'm done messing around, I know where to go if I'm going to binge on delicious food!

Also, my cousin Chase called yesterday. I felt so bad for him; he had just yesterday found out I was pregnant. WAY TO GO, FAMILY.

My grandma had a new arrival of her own: a black miniature schnauzer puppy named Britney! People should send her puppy shower gifts.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ah, the supposed "joys" of pregnancy. I'm with ya on the weight gain thing, kinda. With Spencer, I had no problem putting on the weight, however with Sophie, and this pregnancy, weight gain has been different. It always freaked me out a little, some months I gain a pound, other months, nothing. My lovely doctor tried to politely explain one day that those of us who carry extra weight from the start, sometimes don't, nor need, to gain a lot during those 9 months. How's your appetite anyways? I always have issues, the first several months I can't eat anything I cook, and I have to decide what sounds the least disgusting and then drive straight there before I would change my mind. Not so kind on the pocket book, but seriously what are you going to do? You have to eat, you just don't always want to. Ugh, it does get better though, I promise...I just haven't figured out when! If you nurse, watch out, thats when the real weight gain comes. Can't wait til you come home...any dates yet?

Geri said...

If they're going to keep me on disability, I'm going to come home earlier in July and stay longer; if not, I'll be home July 10th-14th.