Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dialogue

Matt: "Wanna play a game?"
Me: "What game?"
Matt: "It's called 'Am I Wearing Underwear'." (This is said while he's wearing a towel like a toga.)
Me: "I want you to play 'Get My Ass in the Shower So We Can Go See Hancock'."
Matt: "...Okay, but wanna play a game?"
Me: "No. You're not wearing underwear."
Matt: "You win!"

And he scampers off to the shower. Sometimes I'm jealous because I know Matt's going to be the "fun" parent, and it's not fair because he's insane and that makes a lot of people fun. I can't compete with that!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Aahhh...I so understand your dilema. Jason is the "fun" parent, until his "fun" crosses the line and becomes "torture". I'm helping him learn that there really is a line. I always feel like the big, mean, ugly ogre in the house yelling at everyone to clean up and quit throwing, jumping, running, etc. But everyone has their place in the family, right?

I have a great story I'll be posting soon about the day Jason told me he thought I would be a lot more fun...Stay tuned.

Rachael said...

This totally made me laugh out loud. And took my mood from crappy to not as crappy! Thanks for sharing, and tell Matt a little less "game" playing might be in order!

Anonymous said...

Waiting for more please!
Love you. Baby Beanie's Great Auntie "M"