Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Little Kicks

Sometimes I like to just lie on my bed and feel her kicking around inside me. She likes to do a lot of stuff in there, especially after I eat stuff she likes; I like this image that she pulls on her cord like a doorbell and yells, "More chili dogs, Mommy!"

She still likes to play games with Matt; every time he tries to feel her kicking, she runs and hides. He talks to her to try and coax her out, but to no avail. She's already a tease, great.

Lost three more pounds, so Doc said I can't go back to work until I learn how to get fat like a big girl. I guess that's okay, because it means I can go home for a longer period of time. I'm going to be in Washington from July 6th to July 18th now. Matt and I are thinking of moving to Billings, Montana so Mom and I are going to go check it out. We're thinking of moving there for four reasons: 1) It's cheap; 2) It's not SoCal; 3) It's exactly midpoint between his family and mine, both being within driving distance; and 4) It's not SoCal.

My Grandma seems to be settling in with Britney well, except that Britney can clearly get away with murder. I called her the other night to see how they were doing, and Grandma was letting her chew on her slipper. I don't know who Britney thinks she is, but when I was a kid, I never would've been allowed to do that. I better not hear her be called patata.

She also told me all about how the new yard is coming in, and I'm glad because she sounded happy and I bet it looks very pretty. A little part of me, probably the nostalgic part, already misses the pool. I have so many happy memories of that place with family that part of me is a little misty-eyed that peanut won't have the same. But at the same time, I never would expect my Grandma to have to keep it up, because pools are probably expensive. All the same, it's a sad sort of moment when a chapter of your life closes, even when another one is being written.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Ok, now that the dates are set, we HAVE to plan something! We are so excited to see you. And I am not sure if you explained this before, but why do you keep misplacing your pounds?

Geri said...

Extreme nausea, vomiting, no relief, no appetite! Although it finally seems to be passing.

Amy said...

I had never thought to ask about your pound shedding either, but now that I know, bless you dear woman for you have not been a complainer (at least in this venue) at all. I only puke in the mornings, 2 to 3 times a week and I still have to make sure I complain to either Rachael or my mom. You are friggin' tough. You really shouldn't broadcast to too many that it may be passing so you can still come home for an extended time! And the no appetite, don't you feel totally ripped off? This is one of those times its completely okay to pack on the lbs, have crazy cravings, and hit convenience stores/drive-thrus any time/all the time and yet you find yourself not even hungry.