Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Jig is Up

Okay, I made it two years. Almost three. Enough is enough, I can finally admit it.

I hate living away from my family. I hate the stupid palm trees and the stinky cauliflower smell and the bratty little shits that live next door. I hate the neighbor's cat and I hate all the rich people and their shiny SUVs and I hate having to battle with black mold in my toilet because I live beside the ocean. I hate the ocean and I hate the low tide smell and I hate the eighty bazillion oil tankers off the coast. I hate that I have to plan visits well in advance just so I can hang out with my cousins and aunts and uncles and grandma and mom when before I could just walk next door. I hate that I totally took for granted that I had family that wanted to hang out with me all the time and now I live a thousand miles away and can't.

Okay. I feel better, sort of.

I'm noticing that I'm starting to get that nesting instinct. Nothing seems to be clean enough, and while I don't have an enormous amount of energy, I have just enough to boss my husband around. He's helping - he's taken charge of the kitchen at least - and the rest of my stuff I'm slowly getting rid of. It's funny; whenever I think "man, I need to take this stuff to charity", the Rescue Mission calls me. Swear to God! EVERY time, they call like they can read my mind. So I'm pitching all this crap we've managed to accumulate, like the eagle statue and the eight million pairs of pajama bottoms and the fake daffodils.

Since I don't have email addresses, when is Amy having her c-section? My mom and I are trying to coordinate a day/evening to go to the Tri-Cities to live it up with the Landonis. I don't care what your married names are, you're still "The Landoni cousins". Deal with it. So if you guys could let me know when would be good or let my mom know, etc, that'd be awesome. We're having a baby shower on Sunday, July 13th but I still want to spend more time with you guys, so let me know. It seems sort of early for a baby shower, probably, but I don't have anyone down here that's going to throw one, so we're doing it at home. I'm hoping that people come and show up, I really don't care about presents.

5 comments:

Amy said...

So I almost teared up at your homesickness. I can't even imagine how crappy it must be! Funny story about my C-Section...It's tenatively the 17th or 18th but I'm also measuring 4 weeks too small so I have another USound on Thursday to check things out. May be that he's sitting too low, or that I don't have enough fluid. Too low, he stays in, not enough fluid, he comes out early. So, as of Thursday I should know more. I'll let you know!

Rachael said...

What days will you be here again? And were you wanting to get together before or after your shower, that I will totally be at! We already got you a lil somethin! I hope coming home helps you feel better. Homesickness is the worst!

Rachael said...

Um, why are there no pictures in your "photo" album?

Geri said...

because I never take any! I'll be home from July 6th to July 20th.

Lisa said...

So I am slowly stepping back into the blogging world...so this comment is a smidgeon bit late(Easton says that's how you say little bit in Spanish...I think he's right.) Anyhow, my schedule is probably the least of your worries, no c-sections or anything. I am so excited to see you!!! We just went to Annie's baby shower yesterday, and we already starting plotting, uh, I mean planning on things to get your little peanut. And don't lie, you know you can't wait for the presents!!!