Wow, I suck. It's been over a week since I posted and I promised to post about what the baby was; I sort of forgot between being constantly ill, tired, and having a houseguest.
SO FOR THE BIG NEWS.
It's a girl.
When we went to get our ultrasound, she kept taking a swing at the ultrasound wand; apparently she doesn't like being up early either. I wonder where she gets that from. Anyway, the guy was trying to get a good shot so he could be certain she was a she, when all of a sudden he switched views and she spread her legs wide open. Yep. That's my daughter. She better get it out of her system now, because she better not be spreading her legs for another forty years.
That night, Matt and I went out to dinner at a fancy restaurant. It was Prom Night and all the girls were wearing their fancy (read:slutty) dresses that didn't cover NEARLY enough. I'd never noticed how skimpy evening wear could be until that night, when I promptly turned to Matt and said, "She is NEVER going to Prom." He didn't argue.
So now I'm home on disability already; I went in because I was having severe headaches and, lo and behold, lost another pound. We decided it was best for me to take a month off work so that I could spend my time EATING EVERY HOUR.
Now, I've never had a problem eating. Ever. I've often heard the phrases "Whoa, slow down" and "Is that all for you?". I never thought pregnancy was going to be the best diet that ever happened to me. Thankfully, little miss peanut is gaining weight and looks to be the right size for her age. So, a whole month of eating, this should be interesting. I'm hoping to come home in June, so those of you that read this, please do keep this in mind; I would love to see you.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations!! Lucky for you and your procrastination, my Grandma already told us! Anyway, all I have to say is, ENJOY YOUR MONTH OFF! It will be your very last! And I cannot express how excited we are to see you. When in June will you be coming? I think we will all be gone the 4-ll, so it better not be then. And your daughter can cry on Aubrey's shoulder and they can comfort each other when they are both sitting at home in their sweats, very big, baggy unrevealing sweats...
It looks like I'm actually still coming out in early July. The timing to come out in June just won't work out with my doctor's appointments and such. :(
As long as you're coming hooker. It just better work out with our schedules otherwise there will be hell to pay. I can't imagine you coming all the way home, and some freak thing (like stupid Amy having her baby) but I guess Rach and I won't be tore up. Keep us posted so we can do our absolute best to get to see you.
Post a Comment