Thursday, January 15, 2009

Your Wish is My Command

Amy requested in no uncertain terms that I get off my lazy ass and get back to my blog. I haven't been doing much lately, other than mommying and getting back into the swing of things with work...except for one odd behavior I've picked up.

I've become...girly.

Truly, disgustingly girly. I do my hair, I wear makeup. I wear shirts with neither cartoon characters nor smartass sayings on them. They all have a collar. I freaked out people at work, who have only mostly seen me in jeans, t-shirts and a belt with a Batman buckle, when I showed up in a blue oxford and dress slacks.

I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but the tomboy in me is both repelled and fascinated. I like the way I feel getting all gussied up. I actually spent a gift card on a curling iron, an implement of torture I swore I'd never, ever use. And then. . .then came the curlers.

I bought myself a set of ionic curlers for my birthday and played with them tonight. The results were painfully feminine; I felt like a pinup girl after. It wasn't bad for my first try doing girly crap with my hair, especially when my hair is in desperate need of a cut and style.

I'm not sure what's happened to me, but at least I look good doing it.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Freakin' HILARIOUS!!! I seriously almost peed my pants and I am SOOOO PROUD of you. I seriously can't believe that we didn't get together while you were here...We all suck. When are you moving? Maybe we should try pre-planning a get together.

Rachael said...

Congratulations, and Welcome to the World of Girl!! Maybe we can all get pedicures sometime!! What does your hubby think about all of this???

Rachael said...

DUDE! I have a HUGE bone to pick with you! I had no idea you had so many pictures of your ridiculously adorable baby! Can you please post a little, "I added more pictures" so the rest of us handi-capped people can know! She is so freakin cute! It makes me so excited to have my new little girl be here soon. She is so precious, I can't wait to meet her.

Lisa said...

and what a lovely girlie you are!!! as long as your husband doesn't catch the bug you caught...you're good!!!