I'm having a c-section on Tuesday. That's right, THIS Tuesday! Cancel the Monster Trucks and the Swap Meet! The Half-Pint is making her appearance! Although I can't really call her Half-Pint anymore because she gained nearly a pound in...ten days, so I call her Chunk now. I won't call her that when she can hear me, don't get your panties in a twist! The last thing I want is my baby to grow up with a complex and anorexia and then she ends up on Lifetime in her own movie, played by Melissa Gilbert. If any nickname can lead in any way to Melissa Gilbert, it's not healthy on any level.
I actually thought of a great nickname for her the other night because we were lying in bed and once again, my womb was playing host to Fight Club. I thought to myself, gosh, she sure is sassy. And then it led to us having a dog named Moxie, who is also sassy, and it led to FURTHER thinking (I do a lot of internalized dialogue in bed) that I have a Moxie and a Chutzpah.
For you that are UNENLIGHTENED;
mox·ie (m
k
s
)n. Slang
1. The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage.
2. Aggressive energy; initiative: "His prose has moxie, though it rushes and stumbles from a pent-up surge" Patricia Hampl.
3. Skill; know-how.
chutz·pah also hutz·pah (
t
sp
, h
t
-)
chutz·pah also hutz·pah (

t
sp
, h
t
-)n.
Utter nerve; effrontery: "has the chutzpah to claim a lock on God and morality" New York Times.
[Yiddish khutspe, from Mishnaic Hebrew
u
pâ, from 

ap, to be insolent; see 
p in Semitic roots.]
So, Chutzpah isn't nearly as cool as Moxie, it's more like the Robin to the Batman of Moxie, but that's okay. Moxie is the dominant force in this trainwreck and Hadley will probably be her willing sidekick anyway.
In other news, I'm knitting like crazy. If anyone wants a kid-or-infant-sized beanie, leave a comment. I'm knitting a two-tone purple striped beanie for Hadley-cakes (as her Daddy calls her) right now, but drop me a note and your email address and I can let you know the hojillion yarn colors I have. Bonus points if you request Hogwarts House Stripe Colors.
u
pâ, from 

ap, to be insolent; see 
p in Semitic roots.]So, Chutzpah isn't nearly as cool as Moxie, it's more like the Robin to the Batman of Moxie, but that's okay. Moxie is the dominant force in this trainwreck and Hadley will probably be her willing sidekick anyway.
In other news, I'm knitting like crazy. If anyone wants a kid-or-infant-sized beanie, leave a comment. I'm knitting a two-tone purple striped beanie for Hadley-cakes (as her Daddy calls her) right now, but drop me a note and your email address and I can let you know the hojillion yarn colors I have. Bonus points if you request Hogwarts House Stripe Colors.
3 comments:
Congratulations on having Hadley May this morning <3 <3
So I know you're busy recovering and bonding with your new baby and all. But the moment you have well a moment....I want to see baby pictures all up on this blog ASAP!!!! Going off this last comment...congrats. I mean if someone is congratulating you that means you had your baby, right?
Congratulations!! Looking forward to some pics and stats, you know the good stuff. I hope you are feeling well, with Colton I was wonderful, with Aubrey it was horrible. Here is to wishing you feel wonderful, and that your nipples are working properly.
Post a Comment